DeMaris House Restoration
These few slides will show you some of the restoration work process that was required:
1. -- from 2011, the DeMaris House in poor condition, including old siding that covered the vintage brick
2. -- Artist's rendering of the vision of the Cody Heritage Museum
3. -- B/W version of the painting with our early slogan, "Cody Heritage Museum . . . this place matters!"
4. -- The siding has come off of the building to reveal much work to be done!
5. -- Rear view of the building, with non-historic window removed for access to repouring the foundation
6. -- Old foundation of "riff-raff" stones that had to be removed and concrete poured, slowly, in small sections
7. -- Digging out the old foundation
8. -- New flooring and supports
9. -- New ceiling joists on the 2nd floor
10. -- Exterior view of the brick work being undertaken to restore and stabilize the brick
11. -- Exterior brick work resotration
12. -- Stabilizing the edge of the building, front view
13. -- Most of the restoration complete -- brick, new doors, windows, roof
14. -- Completed Cody Heritage Museum, exterior, with signage
15. -- Front view, on an angle -- Shoshone Canyon is in the background
16. -- Close view of the building front, with signage
17. -- Close-up of front entry, with signage that "History Takes Time"!
Summer Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am to 4:00pm
Sundays 12:00noon to 4:00pm
Winter Months by Appointment
[call us for school field trips, family or class reunions, etc.!]